Masked Hearts

At this time of year I read ALOT of horror novels. Supernatural horror is one of my favorite genres. I am currently reading the Exorcist. I've read numerous Grady Hendrix books, Stephen Kings the Mist, All the Lovely Bad Ones. But sometimes I need a break from the horror novels but still want a Halloween themed novels. When I was at home sick I read Her Halloween Treat which a harlequin blaze novel. When I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep I started Masked Hearts which is another sultry Halloween themed novel. Knowing that characters are reconciling their conflicts with each other instead of having characters not knowing who to trust gives me faith in humanity. Knowing that the story will end in happily ever after is a break from the more dark endings that horror often has. And steamy sex scenes are ALWAYS fun to read. I love being deliciously scared but there is something about having more of a comfort food. And its great to find literary comfort food during a time of year where there is a lot of candy accessible. Romance novels may not provide the rich creamy taste of chocolate in my mouth but they are a way of engaging in pleasure in a way that is calorie free!

Comments

Popular Posts