Good Reads Choice Awards

IThere are several awesome things about having a chance to vote on awards like for Goodreads Choice Awards. First of all I was able to honor some books I enjoyed. I voted on Stephen Kings Sleeping Beauties for best horror. And while I still need to read Jesmyd Wards Sing Unburied Sing when I saw that Celeste Ng's Little Fires Everywhere was up for best fiction I voted for that as best fiction because I loved that book so much. I love being able to have a voice to honor books that I really loved.

The second fun thing is that to participate I need to dig into my to be read list for some categories. I have been eager to read Neil Gaimons Norse Mythology and Erika Johansen's Queen of the Tearling which are the books up for best fantasy.  Lisa Ko's The Leavers, Elizabeth Ardens Bearvabd the Nightingale, and Stephanie Garber's Caraval were up for best debut writers. The challenge with the books up for best debut novel was that The Leavers is a heart wrenching story about an immigration experience while Caraval is a fun fantasy and I thought The Bear and the Nightingale was an enchanting story.They all were excellent reads but after making sure to read them all I  had to vote for Elizabeth Ardens Bear and the Nightingale at the end of the day.

Comments

Popular Posts