Favorites of 2017

I read a lot! In cataloguing the books I read this year on Goodreads as of today I've read 180 books this year. I made the goal of 100 books for the year and even in challenging myself to reflect on everything I read as the primary goal I still crushed my goal. If only saving money and losing weight was just as easy for me...

My favorite things I read this year are:

Between the World and Me
Lillian Boxfish Takes A Walk
My Brilliant Friend
We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Fitness Junkie
Nice Girls Don't Ride
Wanderlust
Main Street
Elmer Gantry
Little Fires Everywhere
Bear and the Nightingale
Girl Who Drank the Moon
Norse Mythology
Sleeping Beauties
Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Nonfiction:
No Sacred Cows
Never Eat Alone
Awkward: The Science of Why Were Socially Awkward and Why Its Awesome
A Strange Stirring

Of course I've learned that what made my favorites list may not be what other people may consider favorites. Other peoples reviews and awards often help me determine what gets on my list of books to read. Also lists of books on topics of interest and other peoples favorites help me consider reading books as well.

Here's to hoping my list will help you find some of your own favorites...or considering a book in your own opinion.

Happy Holidays!!#

Comments

Popular Posts