Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

I wish this book existed way back when I was in high school. Physics was the class I struggled the most to pass in my academic career. But I have started to enjoy listening to Neil Degrade Tyson's Star Talk and not only does he explain things in a way that is easy for someone without a science background to understand he has a gorgeous speaking voice and a great sense of humor.

When Stephen Hawking died he reprised an episode of Star Talk where he interviewed Stephen Hawking. It was humiliating that someone with a phD in astrophysics found Hawking to be over his head. But it was a wonderful tribute.

With Astrophysics for People in a Hurry I used a combination of the audio book and an e-book. The narration is by Neil Degrasse Tyson which I enjoy. And with concepts that I am not as familiar with it is helpful to be exposed to it in both formats.

I will likely never use this information in a job. I don't see myself using this information in a writing project anytime soon. So why read a book like this? Because it provokes a sense of awe and wonder of the world I live in. There are so many things in this world that I do not know about. I will never know it all but if I stop and appreciate what I can learn more about what I can I can tap deeper into the wonder of the world.

Comments

Popular Posts