Tell Me

I heard a really great review of Tell Me on Book Riot's When In Romance podcast. The discussion of this book made me intrigued to pick it up for myself.  I do have to give a full disclaimer about this podcast that while they introduced me to some books I wouldn't have considered on my own I found that after awhile I just grew tired of this particular podcast and am on the market for romance podcast that jibes with me a little better. I will have to do an blog entry on my favorite bookish podcasts one of these days soon.

However  I feel that I was disappointed with the book Tell Me.  I love romantic comedy with happily ever endings. However it just didn't work for me that the characters wound up together in the end in this one. I adore Anne of Green Gables so I had such a soft spot for the discussion of Anne Shirley and LM Montgomery. I did swoon over the trip to Prince Edward Island. But while the sex scenes were descriptive there was no indication of any actual attraction between the characters outside of the sex scenes and their connection seemed to be more about coping with grief than wanting to be together which made me question the strength of their attraction. There were some pretty dark themes in this book which I don't want to spoil for another reader. But what I can say is that I think the book would have been stronger on a bittersweet note....and I usually swoon over happily ever after.

Comments

Popular Posts