Can't You Just Get Over It

Can't You Just Get Over It is a very original book. One of the things I really love about this horror novel is that some of the major plot points take place in a call center. I will not provide spoilers but I will say that Catherine Blackmore portrays the atmosphere of call center work in a corporate 
atmosphere very well.  Having worked in multiple settings like this I must admit that I don't often see a good depiction of these settings very often. Don't get me wrong--they can be boring and monotonous at times but the procedures that need to be followed in call center settings can provide interesting conflict that can create stories like this one. 

There was never a dull moment in this story, I could not read it fast enough. Since I read this as a Kindle e-book I was able to read it on my phone during my break during my otherwise monotonous work day...worried that I was into it enough that I could accidentally exceed my allotted break time in my own strict work environment. 

I would strongly recommend this book to people who have worked in entry level corporate jobs and who haven't alike. People who have worked in these environments will definitely relate to the dilemmas the protagonist faces. Sometimes the dilemmas of these positions are difficult to communicate to people who are outside of this world as well...and I would recommend it for helping people understand these work settings...if they want it with a delicious taste of horror.

Comments

Popular Posts