Favorite Books of 2019


2019 has been a very big year for me in my reading life. As a horror lover my ultimate high point was when I attended Stoker Con in May!   As I reflect over the year I realize that I want to note some of my favorite books that I have read this year. I should note that while my reading habits continue to be diverse horror is the genre I have focused on the most! Choosing favorites is SOOOOO hard because I read SO MANY good books this year! The minute I post some favorites I am quite sure that I will lament not uplifting other books that I did not think of initially however I do want to provide some highlights.  You can see my full 2019 Year in Books  but here are my favorites of the year:

Horror:
Horror YA: Mary the Summoning
Horror Short Story Anthology: Hex Life
Horror Short Story Collections: Behind A Mask

Literary Non Fiction Horror: Monster She Wrote
Memoir: Know My Name
Literary Fiction: Midnight's Children
Fantasy: Lost Queen

I should also note that book boxes are a great way to enhance a reading experience and support independent businesses. I’ve tried a few and my absolute favorite has to be Nightworms and I would recommend EVERYTHING that I have read in their boxes (a handful of them made my horror favorites list) and have a monthly subscription.  I have also tried some non horror services and for my favorites it is a tie between Once Upon A Book Club for the way they choose objects that bring the stories to life and Feminist Book Club for choosing socially relevant books and cultivating a progressively minded community. I do have to note that ALL of these are female owned businesses. However when I am honest with myself if I had to choose only one service Nightworms would be the one that reflects what I want to be collecting on my bookshelf!
Now that I have thought of my favorite books of the year I need to think about my reading resolutions for the upcoming year….

Comments

Popular Posts