Bawdy Bookworms

WARNING: This post contains sexually explicit content

I found another book box that I am in love with...or at least in lust with! Bawdy Bookworms is a service that pairs diverse romance novels with sex toys!

I've received a variety of sex toys such as different types of vibrators and and lubricants along with some other fun sexually based items such as a penis shaped cookie cutter and a "cocky" paperclips.

From a sales perspective I find this a brilliant box...how often do people start to feel aroused while reading an erotic romance? It really brings the notion of a climax in a book to a whole new level! From a reading perspective, I have found some books that have made me fall in love with romance again. Don't get me wrong, I do have authors that I love reading and following however I haven't actually been  actively seeking out contemporary romances either.

It's likely that I had read way too many PG rated cookie cutter romances when I thought I wanted to write romance. I have nothing against a good story with the bedroom door shut but too often many of these books fall into similar patterns. So when I read Heart and Hand by Rebel Carter about a mail order Bride who came to not one, but two husbands I found the depiction of polyamory welcome. I'd never read a sports themed romance before and I thought The Good Luck Charm was a great combination of erotic  and sweet. This service has been a wonderful way of diversifying my exposure to romance. I may need to admit to myself that with the exception of gothic romances I may just have a stronger preference for more erotic content when I read romance novels. (Gothic romance is a topic that I should discuss in the near future)

But another thing that makes me keep cumming back for more is the online private Facebook community---full of sex positive conversations and dirty jokes it has to be one of my happy Facebook places. And very recently I purchased an evening workshop  on finding the right sex toys...while there is no one right answer I found it very informative on the different types of toys to help with sexual stimulation. I've never really had a chance to learn about what different toys are capable of before.

My biggest complaint about the service is that I don't need sex toys arriving in the mail every month. However, it is easy to suspend or cancel a monthly subscription and there is also a subscription option for a larger quarterly box. The monthly box is called a quicky box which is about $30 a month while the quarterly box is about $50 a month. It is a service you need to budget for accordingly and may be out of a lot of people's price range right now. However when you consider that it arrives with a sex toy, a new book and other goodies it can be a real bang for your buck.

I put this particular service more on the same level as a service like Home Chef or Blue Apron....a very educational service in really getting started in learning what kinds of toys may be suitable for me as a fun sampler.  But after doing it for a while I may have a better feel for what to look for to meet my own pleasurable needs...as well as being exposed to more of a diversity of romance writers. Many  of the book selections  are very easy to find on Kindle Unlimited or for a very low Kindle price which makes it easy to keep it up with the rest of the Facebook group on months that I've wanted to read the selections but needed a break from the sex toys. I would say that is the you way to get more of the book out service because I am still able to participate in a private Facebook group discussuon.

However I do love that it is a woman owned business that seeks out to feature diverse voices  and that it encourages women to feel more empowered with their sexuality. This may very well be the reason that I keep coming back to this service for more....

Comments

Popular Posts