Confessions of A Domestic Failure by Bunmi Laditan

I am not sure whether or not I would recommend Confessions of A Domestic Failure to parents or not. All of the moms I know work full time and I wonder if they would toss the book across the room in annoyance that someone who stays at home with her kids lacks some pretty basic life skills like cooking and financial management. Or would they find the conundrums she faces with her children hilarious? I found the authors style to be comical and difficult to put down. Reading this book on a lazy Sunday while my husband was watching HBO made me aware that I may not be the primary demographic for this novel.

Laughing my way through Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza only the previous weekend I realize that the kind of humor I like in women's fiction seems to be about the honest struggles that women face in light of trying to live up to the expectations that are given to them. I related more to the humor behind the fitness craze than to being a mom. But I still found that Confessions of A Domestic Failure was an entertaining read. In fact I lamented that I purchased it as an e-book because I had a friend who I know would love it and would have loved to give her the book. But would I automatically recommend it to a friend who is a parent? I would definitely take it on a case by case basis. 

Comments

Popular Posts