Lone Wolf Lawman

"Thank you for being a good customer," my letter from Harlequin read. This was accompanied by a box  with 5 copies of Lone Wolf Lawman. They all had the same "enjoy your free gift" message stamped on them. "Share your love of Harlequin with a friend."

I know that I had purchased a lot of books through Harlequin. And I LOVE their rewards program which makes the temptation even higher. But when I received this box I knew that I may have spent more money on Harlequin romance novels than I ever dare to admit.

However I took advantage of this. Being between jobs I could not justify buying and sending cards to friends this year. So in lieu of a Christmas card some of my more bookish gal pals got books from me instead. I decided that I did not want to make it look like all I was doing was promoting Harlequin so I took advantage of Christmas clearances and buy accompanying chocolate with it. And I did a personalized touch by doing a thoughtful inscription to each gal pal.

I kept one copy for myself. I figured I should know the nature of what I gave to my gal pals. This book was a part of the Harlequin Intrigue series. Being a huge fan of Raymond Chandler and Stephen King I guess I never felt the need to make the more suspenseful stories lighter. 

When my husband looked at the book he said that the beginning blurb sounded a lot like a James Patterson novel to him but then when they added a bit about romance and pregnancy it started to sound like a Lifetime movie.

I found the book itself to be fun. But I found the book more humorous than suspenseful. I am not sure if that was  the author's intent or not. I would not say that it is a must read but I enjoyed it enough to get the next book in the series Always A Lawman with my Harlequin rewards.

Comments

Popular Posts