The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires

If you are looking for a cute sentimental story about a book club The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires is definitely NOT for you. This is the story of women who are into true crime and thrillers who are willing to fight for themselves. There is a lot of violence and mayhem toward the end of this book...but I won't give any of the wonderful details away.

I personally think you can't go wrong with anything by Grady Hendrix. His book Paperbacks From Hell is a wonderful overview of horror fiction in the 1970s and 1980s has been very influential in my journey into exploring a passion for horror. (Which deserves a blog entry of its own). His book Horrorstor was a laugh out loud horror comedy about an Ikea like store. And I've loved everything that I have read by this author since them.

The Southern Book Club's Guide To Slaying Vampires definitely lives up to the caliber that I expect from Grady Hendrix. I've been in a reviewing slump as I have needed to attend to my health and scoring a copy of this ARC was exactly what I needed to get excited about getting back into the reviewing habit.  The combination of humor and suspense made this book difficult to put down. I am excited to say that I highly recommend this book!

I am also publishing a modified version of this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts