Siri Who Am I

Siri Who Am I is the story of a woman who wakes up in the hospital with no recollection of her life before. She holds the question of what her identity before would have been and utilizes every resource that she has available to her to figure this out. I appreciated a more modern twist on the amnesia trope. I enjoyed all the pop culture references in the book.

However I felt like the romance that developed in the story merged from the subplot to the main plot of the story. The mystery in the story line was quite weak. This was surprising to me because I felt like with the question of a previous identity should have been more pressing than it actually was. This is often is my biggest critique of mysteries geared towards a female audience where the romance takes over the mystery and suspense.

Stylistically the writing seemed to have a very gossipy tone to it. This was perfect as a light read for a short airplane ride. I found it enjoyable enough to keep reading. However it was not a memorable book...which is pretty ironic for a story about a character with amnesia.

Thanks to Netgalley for providing me a copy of this ARC.

I am also posting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts