Cup of Cheer

 

Are you beginning to watch a bunch of Christmas romantic comedies because it is a fun, festive thing to do at this time of year? And when you start to watch them, do you find that the plots are not only predictable, but they fall into the vein of “if you’ve seem one, you’ve seen them all?” If you are starting to feel this way then Cup of Cheer may very well be the movie you need to watch this season.  (And if you have an Amazon Prime membership you will be able to stream the movie for free!!!)

Don’t get me wrong—when it comes to the romance genre, Christmas themed romances are definitely some of my favorites. This is the time of year that I am most likely to mix up my normal reading routines with a bunch of Harlequin romance novels and paying attention to which Harlequin romance novels have been made into movies. I have also started to watch some of the Christmas romantic comedies on Netflix like The Princess Switch: Switched Again and Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish. So I am definitely do derive enjoyment from the genre.

This does not stop me from highly recommending a movie that is a parody of the romantic Christmas movies that are so popular!!!  The dialogue in Cup of Cheer is hilarious it serves as an ongoing commentary on the plot lines that are often found in Christmas movies. It utilizes the typical “big city” girl going back to her small town that she grew up in plot line and is not afraid to poke fun at the whole concept the entire time. The only other movie that this is comparable with is  They Came Together, which also is a hilarious parody of the romantic comedy genre. My husband enjoyed watching with me---and most movies that we want to watch together are horror movies and Christmas romances are the type of movies I will watch if I am alone. The only other movie that this is comparable with is  They Came Together, which also is a hilarious parody of the romantic comedy genre.

A Cup of Christmas Cheer provided me with a lot of cheer this morning as it made me laugh hysterically while I was watching it. I would highly recommend it to lovers and non lovers of the Christmas romantic movie alike!

(I am also providing a modified version of this post on Amazon)

Comments

Popular Posts