Girl on Fire

 

Don’t underestimate Girl on Fire by Gemma Amor because it is a quick read. It has one of the components that I have a huge weakness for—a strong female lead with (literally) a fiery supernatural power. I really loved how much emotional gusto this book had. The angst that Ruby, the main character, had about her tormented past made her one of those characters you can’t help but feel sympathy for, despite how many people she kills along the way. Gemma Amor writes with so much emotional gusto that makes the book very compelling and difficult to put down.  Amor’s writing style fits exceptionally well into the novella format and even though you can read it quickly every minute will be well spent.  This story was definitely what the doctor ordered for me on an afternoon with a bad cold as I was scrolling through my selections on Kindle Unlimited.  And if you don’t have Kindle Unlimited it is only $2.99 on Kindle…so there is no excuse NOT to read this story.

I am also posting this review on Goodreads and Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts