Twin Cities Book Festival

The Twin Cities Book Festival hosted by Rain Taxi took place today at the Minnesota Fair Grounds. This was an event I missed quite a bit last year with COVID shutting everything down.

While there were some author events that took place both online and in person, I only hung out in the exhibition room. I love the opportunities to talk with people in the local book scene! There were connections I made through people I already knew: Minnesota Story Arts featured a book by the local actor/playwright philip andrew bennett low who I knew personally from working in theater in my youth. And since I am a huge fan of Feminist Book Club I always have wonderful conversations with Renee Powers at events like this! I was also excited to talk with Susan Borden who wrote the book Clockwise that I had recently read.

On the witchwave podcast I heard a wonderful interview with Heather Green on her new book Lights Camera Witchcraft earlier this week. So I was thrilled when the publisher, Llewellyn was present and selling copies of the book! There is something about being able to have a wonderful conversation with the publisher about the material.

An amazing new to me discovery was Black Market Reads, a podcast featuring black literary voices. Apparently one of their most recent episodes features a favorite writer of mine, Tananarive Due, on a re-release of her amazing book The Between

At large events like these, choices do need to be made. I know that I have a preference for reading dark fiction and I am actively looking for homes for my own written stories so this did guide the choices I did make. But this event certainly showcases the wide variety of literary talent located in the Twin Cities. I certainly love the opportunity to talk directly to local writers and publishers!

Comments

Popular Posts