A Cold Place for Dying

I have such mixed feelings about A Cold Place For Dying I was excited to receive it in my Nightworms package because I have heard so many good things about Kristopher Triana's writing.

I loved the cold, snowy scenery and the author was great at creating suspense through the characters. The author did a good job at not getting the reader to know who to believe and the life threatening tension was great. Its just that now that I am looking back at it more critically the plot starts with not knowing whether or not to believe if a woman is mad or is being abused. As a story it holds up just fine and I found it a very compelling read. It's just that as a woman and as a feminist that was the first problematic item in this story. I do not want to give away any plot twists for people who do want to read this book, however it would be fair to put trigger warnings for rape and abduction in there as well. I really feel like this is a compelling story but it's fair to say that women are not treated well at all in this book. I definitely enjoyed it more as I was reading it than I do looking back critically on the way the characterization of the female character was handled.

I am also putting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts