Midnight Mass: The Art of Horror

 


Midnight Mass: The Art of Horror  brings  Midnight Mass to life in a way that invites the reader’s imagination back to the spellbinding world of Mike Flanagan’s brilliant show. Abbie Bernstein brings journalistic integrity to presenting information received from interviewing the cast and crew.

I loved reading the insights the actors shared about brining their roles to life. This brought another layer of understanding to the show. The wonderful sense of humor that some of the actors have, particularly Kate Siegel and Rahul Kohli was brought to life in the essays. One of the examples of what made me laugh was Rahul calling a monologue in Midnight Mass a “Flanalogue."

The photography in this book is GORGEOUS, bringing attention to the intricate details of the set and make up for this Netflix production.



Anyone who was mesmerized by Midnight Mass will want to take a look at this book and Mike Flanagan fans will want to add this to their collection. The size of this book makes for a perfect coffee table book or gift book.


I savored this book within a day, but with the short topical essays and the beautiful photography I know that I will visit it periodically. Now that I have read this book, I am eager to rewatch Midnight Mass after the holiday season!


I am also posting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts