The Ghost That Ate Us

In the mood for a horror comedy that takes on crime AND the fast food industry? Then check out The Ghost That Ate Us by Daniel Kraus. This story is about a fast food joint called Burger Time  located in Iowa. Since I did my undergraduate degree in Decorah, IA I had no problem visualizing this setting. The teenaged employees in this book brought me down memory lane of the jobs I held as a teen...with a more horrific twist.

The premise of this book is very original! I was lured in by the true crime ghost story and found it entertaining. Written as though it were non fiction, it even includes footnotes! While the style of writing may make some readers to really believe this reality, it IS a novel. Fans of Grady Hendrix will definitely appreciate this style of humor.  I certainly enjoyed this fictional escapade into the horrors of fast food.








Comments

Popular Posts