Corporate Body

The latest installment in the amazing My Dark Library series is Corporate Body. The story starts with a recent college grad taking a cash job as a lab subject through a company called Drug Corp. Body horror that gets under the skin of the reader’ imagination ensues. It is body horror at its best: cringey while maintaining the humanity of the characters. The lab setting made this novella read like a science fiction story with a dark and gruesome twist. Some of the more “official” references to things like people are places were blacked out, giving the feeling of reading a top secret lab report at times and black out poetry at other times. This book made my dark heart sing and I did not want to put it down or have it end, however it was definitely a good choice for a small window of time. Body horror fans won’t want to miss it. Fans of the My Dark Library will definitely want to acquire this installment to the series right away. Corporate Body definitely lived up to my expectations as I have loved all the other books in this series! Thank you Sadie Hartmann and Cemetery Gates for this ARC. I am also posting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts