Bleak Houses


Bleak Houses by Kate Maruyama contains two domestic horror novellas:

SAFER

Claustrophobia of taking a nanny job during the pandemic and the requirement of signing an NDA for the job. The vibes of the story were sometimes reminiscent of Hidden Pictures. It was very well written, the only reason I didn't finish it sooner was due to reading it during an extremely busy weekend.

FAMILY SOLSTICE 

An eerie story about family secrets and an inheritance. The narrative revolves around the solstice for each season of the year. The family drama provides a lot of psychological tension in the story. I found this to be an intense, quick read.

 I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who likes psychological horror with gothic vibes. I am looking forward to reading more by this author!

Thank you Raw Dog Screaming Press for my review copy! I am also posting my review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts