Handyman Method

Handyman Method  me a little longer to get into than I had hoped. Since haunted houses are one of my favorite tropes, I stuck with it. The concept of videos beimg the source of the malicious spirit for the haunting was definitely original. The authors proved mastery at the disturbing twists and turns, which made sticking with the book worth it. 

I do feel the need to note a trigger wparning on violence to animals. There is a very extensive, gruesome scene involving violence to a pet turtle. It fit into the story just fine but violence toward animals usually results in a DNF for me, but I was in a lot of suspense regarding how the book would end.

 It is not my favorite haunted house story, but was worth expanding my horizon. I have heard a lot of good things about Nick Cutter but may not have considered reading this story on my own accord. I received an ARC in my bag of Stoker '23 goodies.

I am also posting my review on Goodreads 

Comments

Popular Posts