Hey Hun

Hey Hun is the memoir of a woman who was lured into a multi level marketing company who rose to the top and eventually left. It is a remarkable book not only because she dips into well researched information on the negative aspects of MLMs but she also writes her story in a very compelling way. While I am aware of negative aspects of MLMS through a lot of the podcasts I listen to, I hadn't considered how these companies are blatantly racist and how they can contribute to struggles like alcoholism before. I also love how she touches on the cult like behavior of MLMs through the lens of being very successful and having a lot of connections on her MLM world.

I have become passionate about literature that takes a critical lense of multi level marketing, so this was a highly anticipated book for me. It lived up to my expectations as the narrative read like a novel and it utilized solid research. The list of resources at the end of the book is very valuable. I was excited that this was included in the Feminist Book Club Cults Cons and Conspiracies box.

I would recommend this book to anyone. Fans of The Dream podcast will appreciate having a story in print format. People who are in a multi level marketing business and people who are dealing with a family member or close friend in an MLM will appreciate this resource. People who identify as women in suburbs and/or are stay at home moms will appreciate this insight on female relationships.





Comments

Popular Posts