Lessons In Chemistry

I have such mixed feelings about Lessons in Chemistry. There has been a lot of buzz about this book and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. Elizabeth's character was smart and strong which made for entertaining dialogue. However her character was very cerebal and always knew the right thing to do even if she was socially awkward in her communication. If she was supposed to be on the autistim spectrum, more needed to be done with that. If she wasn't supposed to be autistic, her character needed to be fleshed out more. Don't get me wrong, I love strong and smart women but there were not any flaws in her character which made her unbelievable. However, the things she says and does are genuinely amusing. On the surface this book is very entertaining.

The strength of Lessons in Chemistry are in the humor of circumstances and wit in the dialogue. If I was reading only to scratch the surface, I probably would be singing more praise for the book. Unfortunately, I am not that kind of reader.


I am also posting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts