Price Of A Small Hot Fire

Price of A Small Hot Fire is a collection of poetry that was personally powerful for me. Themes of social anxiety and isolation are prevalent in the poems. As someone who has social anxiety, "I Never Said", "Things No one Said" "Lavendar Maybe" and "Don't Leave" profoundly resonated with me. It felt like those poems articulated quiet dark corners of my soul.

I also really loved "Return to Narnia" and "Confessions of An Avon Lady's Daughter." These particular poems illuminated the darkness of artifacts of my own youth.

The poems "No Degrees of Separation," "The Doctor Asks," and "Spectral Glass" are only a few of the poems that communicate a tremendous amount of grief. As a reader I felt a tremendous amount of  empathy for the intensity of the experience while being in awe of the imagery.

Overall, the poetry in this collection dances between intense emotion and eloquent phrases, proving to be a masterpiece.

Thank you Raw Dog Screaming Press for my review copy.

I am also posting my review on Goodreads 

Comments

Popular Posts