101 Books to Read Before You're Murdered

101 Books to Read Before You're Murdered is a book that will delight both horror enthusiasts and horror newbies. This was a highly anticipated book for me that is serving as a great reference tool for reading my way through my TBR pile. I do feel the need to note that it is more of an ode to the horror novels listed than a literary analysis. However this approach is exactly what I need to wet my appetite to pick up a book. This book is exactly what I need to read through my TBR pile, especially since my never ending list of books is heavily inspired by following Sadie Hartmann, known as Mother Horror on social media.

The emphasis of 101 Books To Read Before You're Murdered is on recent decades, which is refreshing. I love the classics, however, there is more diversity of voices in recent decades. Sadie does an excellent job with highlighting authors in all walks of life in the horror genre.

The biggest challenge of reading this book is that I have a lot of my own opinions on what should and shouldn't be on this list. As I am entitled to my own opinions, professional envy is the only thing that I struggled with 
while reading this book. Most people make little to no money reviewing books, but Sadie has done a masterful job developing Mother Horror as her brand and cultivating a massive following. I respect her greatly for this and it is what made 101 Books to Read Before You Get Murdered a highly anticipated read for me. I was thrilled to receive a signed copy of this book in my Night Worms box (a curated horror book subscription that she owns). I will definitely be referring back to this book constantly on my own journey.


Comments

Popular Posts