Travels of Terror





Travels of Terror appealed to my morbid imagination, making it impossible to look away. I loved how horror books and movies that took place in each of these places were showcased. I  enjoy reading about disturbing history and alleged hauntings. The writers do bring a lot of their personal experiences of the places they describe, making for an engaging experience.

I love going to literary themed places when I do travel, like when I went to the Morgan Library in New York City.  However this was before I was a horror fan but now I want to go back there. Salem and New Orleans are already on my bucket list so I appreciate the tips for places for a horror lover to travel.  The other places sound like a lot of fun however 
I do not have the means or the time to travel as much as I'd like to. I have to live vicariously through books and pictures of other people's travels.

Recently I had a writing teacher say that in considering a writing guidebook it is helpful to ask what position of privelege the book is written from. The same should be asked about travel books.  Meg is the wife of a Mayo doctor and Kelly has the flexibility of a university professor.  This is more privelege than most people (including myself)  will ever have! There is nothing wrong with this privelege. It's just  fair to point this out when considering the scope of what was included in this book. 

I highly recommend this book to horror lovers who like to travel. Even if a reader is unable to travel, it is a great book for armchair travel with all of the fun spooky stories that are included. The lists of books and movies that are set in each place are a fun feature that an armchair traveler would be able to enjoy.

I will have a better experience when I purchase a copy. Don't read this one as an ebook! I did for my review copy and it obviously broke up the way the pages were designed to be displayed. If you can't afford or justify purchasing a physical copy, definitely get a copy from your library instead of settling for the price of an ebook. I can't wait to see the layout as it was designed when it releases!








Comments

Popular Posts