So Many Books So Little Time by Sara Nelson

If you are reading this you are reading about reading about reading. So Many Books So Little Time was a delightful book by Sarah Nelson who wrote a chapter a week about her reading life. It isn't just about her critique of the books she reads this is a memoir of her life while reading. She talks about things like reading Charolettes Web to her son at night and how Edith Wharton's style comes from a time when reading was the primary form of entertainment which was really slow for a modern reader. So she is very personable in her approach.

I blame this book on the multiple kindle samples I have now. It is so hard for me to simply read another person's interpretation of a book that sounds interesting I have to experience it myself. That's why I now have samples of books I feel like I should have already read like Kitchen Confidential and Fear of Flying

So if this book is merely about another person's journey with books and not the books themselves why would I read a book like this?

The answer is for the same reason I get addicted to Book RiotBook Bub and reviews of books from multiple places ranging from Vogue to Den of Geek. There is something about learning another person's journey with the reading life and their critiques of a book that makes me feel sane. Someone may understand why I bring books into the hot tub, read most mornings on my commute to work and have a hard time leaving a bookstore without a book in hand. And other peoples opinions may lead me to a book I wouldn't have considered on my own.

There are numerous people who blog about books, there is Goodreads and the internet us full of websites for bookish types. There is a hunger to find connections with people behind an otherwise solitary hobby. You would know, after all you are reading this blog!

Comments

Popular Posts