Hairspray and Switchblades


Hairspray and Switchblades is the fifth book in the Unnerving Magazine's Rewind or Die series. It is a novella about female jaguar shifters (they become jaguars, nor werewolves...which is a refreshingly original concept!) who work as exotic dancers who are standing up for themselves against the Stripper Ripper.

This book appealed to a lot of my own personal weaknesses. A Horror novella that I can read easily in one sitting. Strong female characters. Intensely erotic scenes. Written by a female writer. Its is just icing on the cake for me that I had the privilege of hanging out with V Castro during the Stoker Awards last year at Stoker Con and loved her company! I love supporting authors who I know personally.

This was the perfect escapist read for me right now...right now while it seems like a good idea to read a book like The Stand or Station Eleven I need something a little more escapist. The world that V Castro creates makes for the perfect escapist read! I would highly recommend it!

I am also posting a modified version of this review on Goodreads and Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts