Favorite Books of 2020

 

2020 Favorites

For someone who reads as much as I do, Goodreads serves more as a way of keeping track of all of the books that I have read and a way to share my reviews. I know some people like the challenge of trying to read more books, but it is not really the reason why I utilize Goodreads. As I publish this book according to my Goodreads Tracker I have read 306 books this year.

Horror may be one of my favorite genres, but there are some other genres that I would love to uplift as well!

While I am a huge fan of getting books at thrift shops and used bookstores, I can’t stress enough that when I buy I newer book I make every effort that I can to purchase it from one of my local bookstores (or to purchase from the publisher or author directly). However if you do not have a good local bookshop, Bookshop.org is a great way to make sure you are supporting more independent shops!

Non-fiction

Quite honestly, for being the genre that I was trying to challenge myself to read more of, many of my favorite non horror novels this year were non-fiction books!

 Jesus and John Waye

The Season

Caste: Orgin of Our Discontent

Becoming

And Then We Grew Up

How to Be Fine

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife

Born to Run

A Curious History of Sex

Calling the Spirits

Can't Even: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation

 

 Horror Novels

This was the hardest category for me to think of favorites because horror novels are my favorite!!! I would say that anything that I received in my Nightworms subscription box was a highlight! However, I found some gems from other sources as well!!! Here are just the books that still stand out in my mind…

Lock Every Door

Lullabies for Suffering

The Deep

Mexican Gothic

When the Wind Blows

Year of the Witching

The Good House

Catherine House

One For Sorrow

 

Horror Poetry

Because most of the poetry collections that I read this past year were in anthologies or collections of horror poems!

A Collection of Dreamscapes

Macabre Modern and other Morbidities

Burials

 

Romance

Discovering the adult themed Bawdy Bookworms helped me find some romance novels that I truly loved!

Ice Cream Lover

Heart and Hand

Christmas Back Up Plan

The entire Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn

 

 Literary Fiction

I found a lot of my books that I loved that were more “literary fiction” through Feminist Book Club or Reese Witherspoon's Book Club. I sure love books about strong female characters!

The Scent Keeper

How the Penguins Save Veronica

Our Mistress of Spices

The Henna Artist

Chronicles of A Radical Hag







 

Comments

Popular Posts