People Like Her


 

 People Like Her  appealed to one of my weaknesses of stories that deconstruct the world that we live in. The premise of the unraveling of a social media influencer mom sounded appealing enough to me to grab this book when Book of the Month was doing one of their promotions.  What I enjoyed the most about the novel was the way the dialogue and internal reflections often provided scathing social commentary.  It was written in a way that made it pretty easy to read the book from start to finish easily. The narrative structure alternated between various points of view, while I understand that it was trying to bring in different character’s perspectives, however, I found that it was not pulled off very well as it was sometimes confusing to follow.  When I read the description I was hoping that the book would be a lot more suspenseful than it actually turned out to be and did not have anything that really helped redeem the lack of suspense in the book. Overall, I would say that it was a disappointing read.

I am also posting this review on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts