Hilarious Horror

 

I’ve read some really great hilarious horror novellas recently that appealed to me on some deeply personal levels.

Haunting of the Paranormal Romance Awards was the book I did not know that I needed to read until I was actually reading it!  The title definitely speaks for the type of plot that it is: a comedic horror story that takes place at a romance awards ceremony. This story hit a lot of my soft spots. I have always enjoyed romance novels and this book took a scathing approach the romance industry in a comic way.  I DID feel guilty for reading this book with Kindle Unlimited with all the comments that were made about how Kindle Unlimited was not good for authors but the hilarious nature of the story made it a quick read to get through. And really a lot of things in the industry were subject to satire!   Reading this book to read at the end of a stressful day was exactly what I needed because I laughed from the beginning to the end of the book.




Satanic Bible Camp was the book that fit the kind of story that I have been looking for.  I worked at a Bible Camp when I was in college and I keep saying that there needs to be a horror story at a Bible Camp as camp is a great setting for summer horror. This novella was full of sex, violence and occult themes at a Bible Camp…. which is very ridiculous in the best sense of the word. The dark humor made it quite enjoyable and started to get me to think about the kind of Bible Camp horror story I would write.




I would highly recommend both of these novellas for anyone in the mood for a fun and quick read!

Comments

Popular Posts