A Daring Pursuit

I have a confession to make:  I read the first book in this series, A Reckless Match, when I craved a historical romance rather this year. While I didn't find it remarkable, it still fit the bill for my mood for fluff, sex and romance. I think it's okay when books are mediocre but satisfy an emotional itch.

So when I had the opportunity to grab an ARC second book in the series, A Daring Pursuit, I jumped at the opportunity.

I wouldn't be in the mood to read it until this week in the aftermath of Roe Vs Wade getting overturned when I needed something a little more cheery than I normally gravitate toward. 

I found the characters charming in this sexy read and the setting of the different time period to be escapist. It was a revelation to me with this series of books and season 2 of Bridgerton that friends to lovers romances can provide fun chemistry between characters. (Although I've never been as smitten by Pride and Prejudice the way others have; I still prefer the Gothic stories like Jane Eyre and Rebecca) 

Also, the quality of the second book in this series surpassed the first one. In the first book, the sex scenes were the best part. However, in A Daring Pursuit the characters were more interesting AND there are wonderfully racy sex scenes.

As a light historical romance isn't the type of book I usually read, it definitely gave me the brief opportunity to get a mental respite. When I am in the right mood I'll definitely check out more of Kate Bateman's books!

Thank you Netgalley for this ARC!

Comments

Popular Posts