Talisman

I had a really hard time getting into this King novel but with perseverance i eventually enjoyed it. It came highly recommend after i finished Fairy Tale (which i loved). It also felt appropriate to read after the sad news of Peter Straub's death. The plot for Talisman didn't pick up until around the halfway point of the novel...which was 300 pages in! Honestly if my husband wasn't asking me about this book, it would have a DNF for me. The second half had more of the writing I adore by King and expect from Straub, putting me on an emotional Rollercoaster. I suppose that when someone generates as much work as these writers do, i will like some of their books better than others. Definitely not one of my top King novels but it still was entertaining...eventually...

I am also publishing this review on Goodreads 

Comments

Popular Posts