Hear Us Scream Volume 2

Hear Us Scream Volume 2 is now out in the world! 

I am deeply honored that my essay From the Safety of My Couch which is a deeply personal reflection on the Netflix show Midnight Mass. I know that I have shared my love of this Flanagan show on my blog numerous times. However this essay is very different from anything I've shared so far and is one of my most emotionally vulnerable pieces of writing that I've gotten to share with the world. I am excited to see my work in print. It is the literally the product of blood, sweat and tears. This was a truly therapeutic essay for me to write (in addition to being an excuse to study the show's brilliant dialogue).

My essay is just one of many essays in this collection that uplifts how emotionally transformative the horror genre can be. I have always believed in the healing power of horror and this collection lifts up the many ways horror can identify and alleviate emotional pain. I am truly honored that my voice is included in this collection along with truly gifted writers!

You can read a more official review here!

Comments

Popular Posts