Secretly Yours

I thought I would like this book more than I actually did. It has some of my favorite romance tropes: childhood crushes blossoming into adult romance and luxurious settings. The concept of the secret admirer letter being found is a fun concept. It worked for me as a drunken mistake, however, I found that Hallie’s character displayed the overall emotional maturity of a teenager. The way the scenario played out felt like it would have been more suitable for a YA novel than a contemporary romance novel for adults. It was a cute concept but it would have been easier for me to cope with if it was the story of a teenager, not one of a professional adult regardless of how many relationships they had previously. Thanks to Hearst magazines and Harper Collins for my copy of this book. ">

Comments

Popular Posts