Evil Whispers

Evil Whispers is about a child's imaginary friend that only manifests through whispers that eventually become sinister whispers.The darkness of a real supernatural creature that only a child is aware of always creeps me out because of the way adults brush it off as imaginary and consequently fail to protect. Not only does this book take advantage of this dynamic, it also brings the reader vividly into the imagery this entity uses to manipulate the child as it demands the child to collect bones.

Trigger warning: vioence to animals
Spoiler ahead

















I had to stop reading this book when a dog was killed. While the premise was intriguing to me, killing off a dog is something I have zero tolerance for. However, I would consider reading other works by this writer because it was an imaginative, well written concept. Violence against animals, especially dogs, is something I am personally extremely sensitive about.

Thank you Book Sirens for my review copy.

Comments

Popular Posts