2024

I can't beleive that another year has passed! While I had some specific goals for my writing in 2023, I really did not accomplish any of them. It was not for lack of desire or even drive on my part. After adopting my adorable dog, Gizmo, I had a lot of health problems two of which lead to surgeries. I also never really figured out a writing/life balance working in an office for the first time since the pandemic that actually worked. Getting an ipad has helped a little, but I am amazed how often I need to go for a walk or take a nap on my lunch breaks. While I am finally working for a company whose culture matches my values, the work is very emotionally exhausting. I've learned that when I am tired, I have a difficult time doing any writing. For me writing demands that I have energy to pour into a creative project. I am sure I am not alone with when life gets super crazy, the day job and basic survival is what gets priority. However, when I am not doing anything with my writing I do not feel like I am living my life's purpose. I am finally in a hybrid situation with my day job in 2024, which I hope will heelp restore some of that energy that I need for taking a project to completion. However, I do find that reading is a very relaxing act for me. While I LOVE reviewing books, there is something about having a book I am not aiming to review, putting my phone at the other side of the room, and sitting in my cozy chair with a cup of tea, a book and my dog in my lap. That is one of the reasons I have still managed to read so much this past year. Also, it is something that is super easy to fill the time while I am in the waiting room at the doctors office. Unfortunately there has been a lot of that in the past year. So I truly hope that 2024 will be an easier year for me so that I can pursue projects I am passionate about. Horror is my happy place, but as I am hoping to go to Paris sometime in the next few years, I am wanting to implement some books that are about France or are set in France into my reading routine. I've even started playing around with duolingo since my language background is heavy on German and biblical Greek. Another excercise that I am partaking in is keeping a movie watching journal. Movies are a legitimate form of storytelling. Also, playing around with other media helps me keep my perspective fresh. While this is still primarily a book blog, you may see some movie reviews on here this year as well. Here's to 2024 being an awesome year!

Comments

Popular Posts